November 18, 2011
1. Clearly the most important announcement is that Toby Mac has a new Christmas CD! I’ve heard that it’s on sale on iTunes this week!
2. NBC has put up the music that they play on Parenthood each week. Such good stuff. Check it out.
3. Did you know that you can make your own vanilla extract and never have to buy it again? All you need is three vanilla beans, some vodka and a jar with a lid. Store it and top it off every once in awhile. So awesome!
4. I’m writing a paper on Amos 5. It’s the passage about justice rolling down like water and righteousness like a stream. We’ve kind of turned that verse into something fun and awesome, but it’s not. It’s right in the midst of God being very upset with Israel for their sin and idolatry. He’s warning them of what’s to come if they do not repent. Rolling justice is probably not going to be all that pretty — not something to turn into a fun, camp song.
5. My friend Matthew posted this on Facebook yesterday and I died. This is one of the oddest, and at the same time, most awesome videos I have ever seen in my life. I am in love with this tiny little one-eyed shell who wears shoes.
6. I’m on the board for a non-profit called Axis. They travel globally, going to churches and schools and speaking about worldview — helping move families from apathy to compassionate action. If you have any connection with schools or churches and would like Axis to come, you should check out their website. They use tons of multimedia and they do such a great job. I got to go on a trip this past summer to speak at a youth conference, and it was so great. Consider supporting them too!
7. Only one of them.
OK, you guys. It’s been a busy, crazy week. Have a restful, awesome weekend! Loves!