Happy 4th, Americans!
July 4, 2014
I just watched a video of two baby elephants playing in the water in a blowup plastic pool and for some reason it made me want to blog.
So that’s where my mindset is as we go into this blog post. You’ve been warned.
HI! How is everybody? How is America? How is the 4th of July? They arrest you if you wear red, white and blue in Canada today. At least that’s what I’ve heard.
Here are just a couple things I would like to tell you:
* Tuesday was Canada Day, which is basically the same as 4th of July! We had a day off work and I used it to watch Netflix like a true patriot.
* Guess where I went last weekend?!
The Gopher Hole Museum was just as I remembered it. Freakishly awesome.
* Yesterday was my mom’s birthday and she spent it shopping for wedding shoes. What a trooper. Thanks, Jilly.
* Today is my Jaci’s anniversary! Their star-spangled wedding was four years ago, and so much fun. Happy day, Josh and Jaci!
* Speaking of weddings, I am so excited to see my family and friends in August! But also, I need to know how many tablecloths I need to have. So if I invited you to the wedding, please RSVP or I will kill you. Joves!
* Andrew and I have maybe turned to a life of crime. Red Deer does that to a person.
Criminals love bow ties.
What else? Basically I work, and hang out with Andrew, and constantly update my wedding schedule on Google drive. I’m fun like that.
At work I have been re-reading Christopher Wright’s book, “The Mission of God’s People.” It is the best and I love it so much. It’s such a great look at mission — what it means, and how God has used the same methods to call His people to live out their mission as His representatives in the Old Testament, the New Testament, and today. Superb.
OK, this was short, but that elephant video is fading in my memory, so I’ve got to go watch it again.
Happy day, friends!