Post-Finals Friday Listday!
May 11, 2012
Friends. I’ve abandoned you this week. And I’m about to abandon you some more. Forgive. Maybe a little Friday List will cheer us all up?
1. I am done with finals!! I finished Wednesday afternoon when I turned in my last paper and failed my Aramaic exam. Done for the year! I’m taking one class this summer, but it’ll be in Guatemala, so I’m pretending it’s just a vacation and that I won’t have to actually write any papers. This was me leaving campus for the summer on Wednesday: so long Den Sem!
2. I am leaving for Israel on Sunday! What?! I will be gone for three weeks. Will you miss me? My mom gets to Denver tomorrow, and then we leave early Sunday morning for our million-hour flight. We will arrive in Israel on Monday afternoon, and then that evening we’re going to stroll on over to the Western Wall. Whatevs, you guys. No big deal. Please pray for us if you think of it! I am bringing my computer, so I’m going to try to write you a few bloggy posts while I’m there. I’ll take some pictures for you.
3. Speaking of computers, I am writing this to you on my brand new MacBook Pro.
I have a brand new MacBook Pro because I decided to pour an entire Nalgene of water on my old MacBook the other night. So, so horrible. I knocked it over and it drenched my computer. Bad plan. I took it to the Genius Bar at Apple and they were like, “First of all, we recommend not pouring water on your computer. Second of all, it will be $60 million to fix it. Or you can buy a new one for $62 million.” Unfortunately, I do not have $60 or $62 million, but fortunately I do have a Jilly Bean.
4. I have not even had any time this week to find you some funny Listday videos! I’m a failure. Maybe you should just watch Kittens: Inspired by Kittens!
5. Have I told you about all the coyotes that live in the field behind my apartment? There’s about a million of them. And they howl at night and it’s super creepy. Heather and I are a little scared of them. But then we saw this picture of a tiny coyote pup and our fears dissipated. We are planning to head out to the field tonight to search for him and bring him back to live with us.
6. I thought of these verses today: “I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”
7. I will miss you, bloggy friends! I will try to keep you updated as I travel the world and visit the places I have read about and studied and translated. I’m sure I will want to tell you all about it, and then you will get so bored and tired of the nonstop Israel talk. Have a great weekend and rest in the peace that Jesus gives to us. Be good while I’m away. Loves!