October 25, 2011
Natan is “give” in Hebrew. We’re having a giveaway, friends!
Here’s what’s up for grabs.
- The book Mudhouse Sabbath by Lauren Winner. It’s one of my very favorites. Lauren used to be an Orthodox Jew and then she became a Christian. Mudhouse Sabbath is about what she misses about the traditions and holidays of Judaism, and what those practices have to teach us about Jesus. She’s interesting and super clever. You will love it.
- Walking With God in the Desert DVD by Ray Vander Laan. So Ray Vander Laan is the reason I love learning about the Hebrew roots of Christianity. I first heard him speak when I was at the Focus Leadership Institute. I know I exaggerate a lot, but it literally changed my life. Ray opened my eyes to the magnificent things we can learn about Jesus, the gospel and the Bible when we begin to understand the culture of the Bible. It’s fascinating stuff, you guys. This DVD is Ray Vander Laan with a group in Israel, talking about how God often speaks to us in the “desert” times. When life is difficult, God is there — closer than ever.
- A vintage Hanukkah greeting card. You know how in December, Hanukkah rolls around and all the sudden you’re like, “Shoot! I totally forgot to buy Hanukkah cards this year!” And then you go to the Hallmark store, but all their Hanukkah cards are so modern and new and boring. And you’re like, “Man, I totally wish I could find a vintage Hanukkah card!” Well, you are totally in luck! This card is darling, vintage and ready for all your Hanukkah needs!
- A $10 gift card to Chick-fil-A. This pretty much has nothing to do with Judaism or Christianity, but it’s a pretty sweet gift, so deal with it. Also, they only have like one item made from pork on their menu, so we can go ahead and pretend it’s semi-kosher or something. (If you win, and you’re in an area without Chick-fil-A, just let me know and I’ll get you a gift card to a restaurant of your choice.)
Yay for presents! The value of these products combined is probably somewhere near $60 billion. I’m generous.
To be entered in the drawing, I’d love it if you’d do these two things:
- Leave a comment on this post saying which giveaway item you’re most excited about.
- Share the link to my bloggy on your Facebook or Twitter account.
The giveaway is open until Friday, October 28 at 11:59 p.m. MST. I’ll pick a random winner and post the results next week!