Friday Listday: Horrible USA Sweaters Edition
January 24, 2014
1. My friend Kim is watching Friday Night Lights for the first time, and she invited me to come watch an episode with her today. So, if anyone needs me, I’ll be in Dillon with my best friends this afternoon.
2. Parenthood. Ugh. All the crying and the sadness and the heartache. I don’t want to be too spoilery, so I’ll use code words. Lawyer Lady and Schmole need to work it out. (Code, guys.) Also, do we think Crosby and Jasmine are going to end up buying the house? Because I do. And, last night’s episode reminded me of the saddest song in the world. Now I love me some sad songs, but “Say Something” is just almost too much for me to handle.
3. I am thinking of seeing if 24 Hour Fitness will let me buy a month-long membership. That way I can pretend I am being productive by going to Turbo Kick and Body Sculpt and like such as. I will not, however, be going anywhere near a treadmill. They are the worst invention in the history of the world. They promote running, which I am against.
4. I liked this article with Three Tips for Better Bible Reading. It suggests listening to an audio version of the Bible. I like this because back in the day, people didn’t have their own copies of the Scripture. They heard it and learned it by going to the synagogue and hearing it read aloud. Much of the Bible was meant to be read aloud (think of Paul’s letters that were read to congregations, the poetry of the Psalms, etc.) It also suggests reading one book of the Bible in one sitting and reading without the chapter and verse markings (chapters and verses weren’t added until the 1500s). I love both of these suggestions because they promote reading the Bible like the beautiful, true story it is. When we fragment it, we miss so much!
5. I’m going to see The Book Thief tonight. Has anyone seen it? I really liked the book. There was a 7 p.m. showing and a 9:30 showing, and we are opting for the earlier one. Because of old age.
6. Here’s the thing, Ralph Lauren. I’m not sure I can approve of your patchwork quilt sweaters for Team USA at the Olympics. They’re too much. I feel like they should be hanging in a farmhouse kitchen. I also feel like, why is Carson Daly still on TV? (p.s. apparently that sweater is only $598.)
7. I have nothing for #7. Leave a comment for what you think it should be!
Have a great weekend!