Because Lists Are What Make Fridays Fun
February 17, 2012
Friday Listday (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap). It works in my head.
1. Tomorrow is Saturday, and this is my plan.
2. Yesterday my friend Travis said that Carrie and me are his TV life coaches. (I made up the life coach part, but I think it’s a title that I would like to hold). Basically, he said I have good taste in shows. I agree! Some people feel like TV is bad and are ashamed of watching it, but not me. I love TV shows that tell good stories! So, in case you are needing some TV advice that I may or may not have already given you, I recommend the following shows: LOST (duh), Friday Night Lights (I’m not sure that I’ve mentioned this one on the bloggy before. Oh, wait. I mention it every day.), Parenthood, BBC’s version of Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Psych, and Parks and Recreation. I like all of these shows because they either tell really good stories and/or they are clever. I love the clever.
3. Pa built a house. And a door. And a roof. And a floor. And a stable. I spray painted a picture frame once.
4. Again, I just would not have survived very well on the prairie.
5. This absolutely killed me because it is so true. I have a 16-year-old cousin, and so many of his Facebook threads are this dramatic.
6. I think I am going to attempt to make these whole wheat tortillas this weekend. The problem is that I don’t have a heavy duty mixer with a dough hook. This means you should probably get me a KitchenAid.
7. This last video is sobering, but it’s one of the most powerful videos I’ve ever seen. Axis plays it during their presentations, and it gets me every time. It’s Johnny Cash’s final video — a cover of Nine Inch Nails’ “Hurt.” Johnny is reflecting on his life — the things that have mattered and the things that haven’t. Watch it.
I get really caught up sometimes in creating an empire of dirt. It’s so silly. It’s not what matters.
Have a good weekend, friends! I loves you lots!